Poetry

Thursday 16 April 2020

Masterthief

I had a dream that
You were with me and
The sand was a roaring beast
We were in
A desert land and
The sunlight never did cease

I stood up to great a mare
And
Check it over, checked her teeth
They were square and
Something there and
Some diamonds buried beneath

Well someday its all gonna be different
When I feel the weight of a leaf
Well every thing must fall
into the hands of the masterthief

The tourbus and the curtain closes
The firetrucks spray water hoses
I need to duck to sniff roses
While above me fly wild geese

There are two thoughts that keep
Coming to get me
The first is one of belief
The second is who is this Moses
Who tries to give me some relief

One day this is all gonna look different
I will steal enough to save our grief
Don't take me at my word
But just blame the masterthief

It should have been different but somebody stole it
They roll it in their mind like a grief
But next time my guards will patrol it
But they will never catch the masterthief

No comments:

Post a Comment