Poetry

Saturday 11 April 2020

Close number 7

She only loved the writer and poet
Who knows why but I blow it
It was a fast skid kid
It was a rough deal
Under the table
Gamble with men and horses
And forces beyond my control
It was a windscreen of damage
That I flew through
When we crashed our carriage
On the rocky road to marriage

It was a shattered image
That I managed
The reflection that I
Looked into in vain
It was a sky full of people and baggage
All refugees from
The heart land of pain
And I looked out my window
At all the garbage
And I think when you're in love
Nothing ever seems to change

And I need you now in the rows of cabbage
To dig for what I can't explain
Its just an itch I need to scratch
Its just a ravage in the corn and grain
I've been looking for my keys
Lost in my luggage
And you know my heart is locked up in a cage
Ever since I saw you
I have never been the same

No comments:

Post a Comment