Poetry

Friday 10 April 2020

Don't be a robot tonight

Will the robots kill us?
Don't let them take control
Don't let the money the greed and power
Rob you of your soul

All your cleverness, your logic
You cannot feel
What I feel
You would be human after all
It is a kind of magic
Only we have

You dismiss me like a crab
Discarded on the shore
An empty used up shell
Of the man I was before

But I have these feelings
Swilling in my soul
They move my arms and legs
They lift me on the wave

In my heart I can be brave
It is more than I can say for you
Hiding in your cave brewing up your tea
Well don't shoot the messenger
I've committed no crime
And you've committed none either
Except wasted both our time

I ask you who, who is the robot?
And who the human being
In this,our last day on Earth
Don't you want to feel
That feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment