Poetry

Friday 17 April 2020

12 years a wave

I am 12 years a wave
12 years a wave
12 years a wave waving at you
You know I 've been a rolling
12 years on an ocean blue
No never breaking
Onto somebody new
I have never crashed,
Never reached my everest peak
Never crest up with the best
Stayed down with the meek
The strong ones they are dying
Waves upon the shore
The tide just pulls them back
But they keep going back for more

But I stay out in the ocean
Avoiding all commotion
noone can bother me 
Oh life is swell
There's a current towing me under
In a motion
I'm swallowed up in a Tsunami of regret
Like the earth did shudder
The epicentre of a rudder
We are all gravitating to the self same fate

12 years a wave flowing out on the ocean
Reefs and knots are tying me
To the the rocky bottom
Anchoring all my dreams
With the fishes on the tide

No comments:

Post a Comment