Poetry

Thursday 2 April 2020

COVID 19 - The Virus

Here I am -Enter stage left
Back from outer space
(You might have guessed)
But no I am from far closer to home
I am from Mother nature
No ET phone Home
I am already home
This is my play ground
It's been me and the devil, since before you all were around

The fact is you forgot about me
Something buried deep in your collective psyche
An itch you had to scratch and then you opened up the genie
Now he won't go back into his bottle -that's me

You know deep down you wanted this
You know deep down I'm good
I'm giving everyone what they wanted
A break from metal and science
And technology
This is wood
This the human body on the wrack
It is under strain, under attack
It is pulled apart in vain
To look for the soul
Because we lost it some where
Back there, when we gave away control

I am athwart to progress
Because you know progress isn't good
There is pressure
There is impetus
There is the worldwide neighbourhood
And not in my back yard
But now everyone is a neighbour
There is no gerrymandering
No public profiteering or gambling
This is role the dice and come up aces
Or else lose it all, reset the clock
Have egg on all your faces
Because you cannot manage

It is too much for your lives
You are individual cases, but in your nervous system I will survive
I am the psychic phantom of all your imagined
Fears
The phantom of the Opera
The last music in your eyes
And the last note to be struck
By the chiming bell
When they toll for the dead
You know I am doing well

Well, well the other choice is live in a world
At times a living  hell
For some it will be a relief
They are old, can't you tell
But I also take the young one's too
I am a humanitarian
I see everyone as equal
There is democratic decision making
I'm not like some kind of crazy terrorist cell
Which by the way my presence seems mysteriously
To have quelled

I am a bigger threat
I am a government of one
I rule not in net
But in the Genetic details of everyone
I unite you all in your susceptibility to my spell
Like a master magician
I know my audience well
I pick out my victim from the crowd
Work my hypnosis
He gets drowsy, pliable unproud
Then I bend him to my will
It is a mind control
Touching other bodies, like king Midas
Now I'm being droll
So the golden seal is passed on
And like a sunset I shine
And my sun will rule the live long day
Until my sun goes down

I will say for my brothers SARS and Mers
Like the four horsemen of the Apocalypse
They too made it theirs
There was Pestilence and Famine, Plague and War
And we all came to walk among them
Without a cure
But if you want to know the problem,
Then look inside yourselves
There is usually a psychic cause
For every affliction
Mine, his, hers or yours

No comments:

Post a Comment