Poetry

Monday 9 December 2019

Two Truths, one lie

Somethings are true in the morning
That at night seemed lost in a haze
Like the night is meant for our lies
And the truth is only good for our days
Well I show you these things as a warning
In case you walk down or follow my ways
The night time is meant for lying
And the truth is only good for our days

I saw two shoots grow in the garden
The rain fell the sun shone its rays
But at night one shoot's new leaves did harden
And for the other it flowered in the shades
Now I ask for no excuses or pardons
But I loved the latter in more ways
For it showed its beauty in my night garden
While the other only showed its beauty in its days

I can love someone for their truths betold
But I can love them more for the lies they hold
For in each is a kind of beauty in parade
As I can love both flowers in my garden
One who lies like the lady of shade
And another who bows her head and begs my pardon
But raises it with the sun when a new day is made

No comments:

Post a Comment