Poetry

Sunday 8 December 2019

The Hurricane

What can I do for you
Tell me
How Blue are your mountains?
How Blue are your shoes?
The sea scolds me roughly
For forgetting about you
Tell me what can I do for you?

The hurricane is insane
Its all the same to me
Thoughts and words
Whistle through my brain
But I just want to be free
I only want to be free

The anarchist with the ball and chain
Wants to tie down democracy
The Monarchist with the crown and cane
Is not a dint on me
I've got trouble on my brain
When the bubble bursts you'll see
I just want to break free
I only want to be free

The terrorist on his perch
The isolationist in me
Sitting on his desert island
Planning on planting a tree
The archivist, the archaeologist
Are all digging up artifacts of ancient history
But there's no use in getting upset
I only want to be free

Of course the hurricane is insane
Of course the wild wind blows
Of course the palms on the beach sway
But for how much longer who knows?

The black raven crows in the morning
The eagle flies over the land
Some dark clouds gather in warning
Of the dice that are thrown by God's hand

No comments:

Post a Comment