Poetry

Monday 16 December 2019

I've been longing for the girl back home

Out into the world I roam
No matter where I've been bound
I can't escape that sound
That little bell
When I'm alone
Rings all around
I've been longing for the girl back home

When I think of all the wrong turns I made
The times I left when I should have stayed
But no matter where or how, I'm returning to her now
How I've been longing for the girl back home

They say all roads lead to Rome
And the further you are apart the stronger the longing in your heart
And some nights I feel so alone
I can atone, I can atone, I can atone
How I've been longing for the girl back home

Well I've been so lonesome, longing for a woman so wholesome
In my house full of skeletons and tombes
If one catacomb could open, I'm sure the spell would be broken
But as it is this castle crypt just ain't no home
I've asked for forgiveness, for all of my sinful business
Now I'm longing for the girl back home

No comments:

Post a Comment