Poetry

Sunday 22 December 2019

I'll begin with you


Well you find when its all shaken down
There is just yourself
Left in the town
And only ghosts rest their heads in your arms
And I wouldn't  mind but if
I could have one wish
I would wish it all back to where it began
Oh, what to begin again
Begin as we mean to carry on
Begin with me
And together we’ll continue
Begin with me, I’ll begin with you
Starting is the best place to do
The things you always wanted to in the end
But you get tied down
You get tied up
In the thorny crown or the broken cup
Feeding the weary people from your soul
You get knocked down
Or you get blown up
By nobody around but everybody is sus
Pected of giving false information
Begin with me, I’ll begin with you
We’re on square one
Where are we going to?
Its up to us both
When one comes down to two
Darling if you begin with me
I'll begin with you

No comments:

Post a Comment