Poetry

Sunday 29 December 2019

Tell me what would you like to know about me?

Interrogate me, track or trace me
Unknit the stitch that make me tick?
Trick or pick me apart at the seams?
This is what it takes to discover my dreams

Tell me what do want to know about me?
Let's get down to the brass tacks
The bare bones of the facts
Let's knock out all the lies and schemes
The truth is now known
Lets reveal what it means
There are no two homes for the son
Of the damned
One a castle of stone
The other a river dam
Beavering away at a busy type writer
But who shines the torch of truth
Will shine it the brighter
In the darkest spots, in the corners of the room
Where fairies scare at the discovered doom
But what if there, it is only bare
Then whom, would share their stories
Of the dark side of the moon?

Tell me what do you want to know about me?
I am opposed to narcissism
Yet find I've lied, as there is a crack in the mirror
And I can't stand the imperfection
There is hyprocrisy in my own reflection
And recrimination in the look
One gives to the other, eye to eye
Caught on the same hook
Two fishermen casting, in the stream of consciousness
But what neither wants to discover
Is the bait the other
Used to catch the fish
It is his own business

Now he has walked away to live a separate life,
While others in the ether
Have called to marry a wife
Why can't the two be reconciled there need
Be no more switch of loom
Carry on the same silver thread
All the way round the moon


No comments:

Post a Comment