Poetry

Wednesday 11 December 2019

Christmas on the moon

I want to spend Christmas on the moon
Far away from
All this gloom
Give me oceans of rolling sand
Stand me upright, tell me who I am
Kick me sideways
And watch me roll
Always myways but a big dark soul
Going into shadow
Eclipsing and soon
I'll be spending Christmas on the moon

When I am up, the earth is down
Give me no chalice cup in which to drown
Its cold up here but hey women swoon
For a man who lives his days
Up on the moon

I used to wish for witches to burn
But then I read books
And learned that switches can turn
Sometimes they are in phase
And sometimes they yearn
But that's only on Saturdays
By Monday courts adjurn

I have two faces
Two sides to know
One comes when I'm full
The other when I'm low
But feed me Christmas dinner
And I'm yours although
I need some moonshine with it
Or else a worm that glows

No comments:

Post a Comment