Poetry

Friday 6 December 2019

I got just what I deserved


Well you never would have thought
I'd have made it this far
No with my feet down in the gutter
I was staring up at the stars
But I did somebody wrong
And now I'm out on reserve
Well I know it's strong but in the long run
I got what I deserved

You know they should have locked me up
And thrown away the key
But instead they brought me the cup
And told me I was free
Well I don't know about justice
Or the pursuit of Liberty 
But I guess my just deserts were served
Yes I got just what I deserved

Well we all are prisoners of nature's
Whims and follies
Whose to say a man can't reform
Even if he'd just go on his hollies
Yet there must be some accounting
So Mother Nature tests your nerve
Yes I can say the feelings mounting
I got just what I deserved

No comments:

Post a Comment