Poetry

Saturday, 5 September 2026

Wailing Whaling blues

 I'm a wailing whale, I've got the blues

They keep coming up throwing their harpoons

They want to strip me of my blubber

Put my oil in a lamp and use my skin as rubber

Oh I'm a wailing whale I've got the blues


I'm a singing blue whale, I'm the blues whale

I've got no Sperm left in the dogger banks

I've got money to burn but no woman to thank

I've got the burning blue whale blues


Oh man I've got sharks all around 

They're taking chunks out of me

I try and shoe them away

But there's too many in the sea

Everywhere I look no safe passage can be found

I've got to move my pod to some sacred ground

But now I'm wailing

Oh a waily whaley

I've got the wailing whaling blues


I'm a blues whale as blues as can be

You should have opened a shoes shop

To see the blue suede sea

Velvet as an underground

Hear the sirens wailing at me

A wailey, whaley whaling blues

I've got the blue whale blues


No comments:

Post a Comment