Poetry

Tuesday, 22 September 2026

Our man on Mars

 When I was your man in the moon

I used to look down on you

But that was because you looked up to me

And only greeted me in the dark

When I was your man in the moon


When I was your man on mars

You used to get crazy eyes from the stars

Too much starring at who you think we are

When I was your man on Mars


When I was your man on Neptune

I used to remember being on the moon

For now it is from you I'm so far

Even further than when the man on mars


When I was your man on Venus

It was too hot to handle the mantle of Aeneas

Your eyes were emerald like a monster

And I wished to kiss them closed as a mobster


No comments:

Post a Comment