Poetry

Monday, 28 September 2026

All the beautiful things

 Oh wasn't I mad

About the thrills that we once had

that fingertips were lying

about the time when we went flying

 With you under my wing

 Oh how we did sing about the things

that we would win

And when you were relying

Upon the things I was supplying

Oh the beautiful things

All the beautiful things


I'd like you under my wings

Kept close while we will sing

Of all those beautiful things


And the west wind blows

And I can tell we're a float

Upon a magical boat

in the sky


And the East wind thrills

And it's a battle of wills

And I turn to you and sigh


Oh how it begins

 With the blowing of the four winds

From the corners of the sky

They've locked up all of the things

Oh all the beautiful things

And it makes me want to cry


All the beautiful things

I remember once we had wings

And we used to fly

And now when the North wind blows

I remember those things that I used to know

And the times that seemed to run by

All gone in the blink of an eye

Oh how we did sing

About all the beautiful things

I promised that I would find

The next time I'd fly

The next time I'd fly 

All the beautiful things

I found out when the south wind sings

And the swallow flies up on her wings

Bringing back all those beautiful things


It's just a time, From Winter to Spring

It's just the passing of Summer in rings

Like ripples of a stone in a pond

When the winds of Autumn have begun

And I start to hear the swan sing his song

About the beautiful things of a time once upon

Tell me a fairy tale of a castle in the sky

And the place to which we would fly

To try as time would go by

To find those beautiful things

No comments:

Post a Comment