Poetry

Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Like the sun and the moon

Look, the moon is so bright tonight

Look at the way it shines

Like lines the rain

Draws across its face

Like your face

I think of as the sun

Always smiling

So happy

For the day has just begun

A new year baby

Don't think about the Winter blues

Put them aside like some old shoes

Just hold onto the hope of next year

You are good at that

With your bounteous good cheer

I think that's why I love you so

Because you're so different to me

The moon and the sun

The sun and the moon

Never in the same place too long

Except today I noticed

The moon hang around

And I thought I would too

Get a chance to see your shining crown

And a glimpse of your face

While we're changing place

No comments:

Post a Comment