Poetry

Tuesday 21 September 2021

To build a fire

 Should I tell you what I'm thinking,

Should I tell you how I feel

Should I show you that I'm sinking

Into you like a film reel

Should I open up my heart and find

That you are in there too

Should tell you how I feel

Or should I leave it up to you


When I am in London

I take in all the sights

When I am by the seaside

I like to see the gulls in flight

Should tell you what I'm thinking

Should I show you how I feel

Is there anyone who's blinking

Not beleiving it's not real


I wish for you on a Sunday

I want you on the road

I want you in the cloudy skies

Like a Prince who wants a toad


Should tell you what I'm thinking

Should tell you how I feel

Is it too much sinking

Into what isn't real


Come on now come on now honey bunny

Come on take a chance with me

Come on now, on now, honey darling

And we shall see what we see

The fires are glowing in the hearth now

As the winter time grows very chill

And my heart's coals are still apart now

And I see that your's are still

So come on let's build a fire, come on let's brew some tea

Come on let's live our hearts' desires

For 'we' can be you and me





No comments:

Post a Comment