Poetry

Sunday 12 September 2021

Country boy, city girl

 You're a city girl and I'm a country boy

Why don't we give it a whirl and see if we can't enjoy

Each other's company like a pearl enjoys a clam

You can live in my world, girl I know that you can


You won't change your colours like a leopard changes spots

And I won't change my temperature or run from cold to hot

And if we can come together and agree on each other's terms

Well I can see through your eyes and we can both just learn


We can come together like a city and a park

Never mind the weather when the sun turns to dark

There are many of us out there too many to compare

But if you can live in my world we can live right there


Here we are together through the summer and the rain

All the crops grow so brightly, greens are not in vain

Sometimes I get envious of the world I left behind

Well if I could live in your world why then you could live in mine

No comments:

Post a Comment