Poetry

Wednesday 29 September 2021

Memoirs of a hermit -26thSept 2021

 I went for a walk in the park

On a Sunday morning

On the way back a pigeon  flew into a car

It was flapping around on the road

So I picked it up

And lay it next to the hedge on some straw

In its death throes

It opened its mouth

and contorted and looked at the sky


Back home I talked about Harry Potter with a Japanese student

Then a different student was drunk so I cancelled the lesson


I went to church in Shepton Mallet

Talked with Sami a Japanese lady 

About the congregation and the drummer

Who had a learning disability


Then a Pigeon flew into the Church in the middle

Of a sermon about storms on the sea of Galleli

And how Jesus calmed the storm

And was a sleep while all the fishermen panicked

And he said quiet

The Vicar pronounced the word loudly as 

The pigeon flapped in the rafters

Then came to a stop in the children's cresh


I moved over to catch it and set it free

But it flew up again

The Vicar said

and Jesus said the mind boggles

I felt embarassed at the distraction I had exacerbated

By my attempt at capture

And left the church


I drove to Great Breech wood

In order to find the Sedgmoor volunteers

But was late and couldn't find them

After two hours of wandering

I sat down on New Hill and ate some lunch

I saw an Asian Wasp

Or a murder hornet

Got caught up in some gorse and brambles

Then walked back to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment