Poetry

Tuesday 21 September 2021

I saw a shooting star

 I saw a shooting star and poked my nose

I saw shooting star and how it grows

It comes up from afar and then it goes

Oh shooting star


I saw a shooting star and then it blows

Like a fire work in a car it never shows

Ever glowing shooting star,

I saw a shooting star and then it goes


Oh you're a shooting star to me

You're like the nights above when I'm trying to be free

You're like all the kinds of love in the sea

Yes you're a shooting, you're a shooting star

You're a shooting star to me


I saw a shooting star in the throes

It was burning brightly like somebody's clothes

And then it went out, without a doubt

Now I know you were my girl

You were my girl


Maybe if I'd had wished on you

Things would have been different

Maybe if I'd had made it come true

Things would have been different

But I ought to know

When I stopped seeing your glow

That it's only a time so brief that goes


I saw a shooting star tonight

And I lit a little candle light

And I remembered you then

When I went to bed

And I dreamed of all the stars

In my head

No comments:

Post a Comment