Poetry

Tuesday 21 September 2021

The garden of Eden

 Tap tap, ping pong

goes the horse and trap

Goes the right and wrong

Of every situation from here to Babylon


Come over her put your head in my arms

Let me caress your body let yourself feel my charms

In and out the blue yonder the stove pipe blew

And the puffing Billy came up the hill followed by 

The wild horse crew

Tap tap you go, all night long

like a magical tarantula of song


Sometimes I see your shadows

And sometimes I see your shade

Sometimes things are fluid

Sometimes they are well made

Do not be a druid on the road to Adelaid

It was hard enough to prove this stuff

Came from beyond the grave


Yes I see your skeleton dancing all behind the x ray plate

You know I see you shining but it seems like a big mistake

See through ballerina

See through and too late

The dance is over, but you know rover

And his number plate


While I'm here I might get busy

While here

The fires can wait

I'm up a ladder with an adder

And yet I can't climb the gate

Well Eden has my number and 

I'll garden there after eight

But if you shoot to kill

Then let it be God's will

I won't hesitate

No comments:

Post a Comment