Poetry

Saturday 25 September 2021

Forty something, don't call it out

 Love forty-

40 love

40/15, need an ace

40/30 maybe enough

Over the line

Let, first service

Let, let me be

Let us pray

Let his love show

40/40

In the midst of life we are in death

Advantage life

I've served my time

Timed my serve

All in the toss and the fall of the ball

The spring and the shot

The lob and the call

Don't call it out

I love the game, don't worry about it all

set point

Match point

Rain stops play

But I want to see the end!

Cliff Richard, strawberries and cream

We're all going on a summer holiday

Hooray!

The net is always there blowing in the cross wind

The dividing line between you and me

Between life and death

Strawberries and cream

Just look at the crowd

Watching me and you

eyes back and forth

Don't take your eyes off the ball

Forty, each fight for a point

To score

To leave your name on the board

But just play for the love of the game

You're only forty after all

No comments:

Post a Comment