Poetry

Monday 6 September 2021

supermarket flowers

Send me your supermarket flowers

Send me Chrysanthemums from Tesco’s

Give me your lilies from Lidl’s

Oh, shower me with roses from Waitrose

I want your supermarket flowers girl

I want them for my birthday

I desire your flowers by the hour boy

Home delivery from Amazon or eBay

 

Give me sapphires from Argos

I desire those rubies from Ikea

I salivate for diamonds from McColl’s

And slobber over jewels down the highway

Give me your opals in the carpark

Let me feel them, let me weigh

Them in my hands, see them shine in the dark boy

I need them while I'm making hay

 

And if you should ask me, have I the power?

As you stand down there outside my tower

I'll throw down my hair, call for you by the hour

So long as you buy me your supermarket flowers


No comments:

Post a Comment