Poetry

Monday, 24 August 2026

Path through the glades

 So the shadows have shifting and there's

A way through the wood

And what I understand

Is the path must be good

Not Hailing away to each song that's sung

From the tree tops

The killed birds

By the woodsman are hung

And fallow deer rest 

In the hollows and glades

And I will visit there best

On some holiday


It feels a vest of armour I wear

When the screaming crows hollar

From their self built blockade

I'm used to the figure

Or the grand larceny ball

Of colourful folk

In their shades at the hall

In their tokens of blessed

Sovereignty calls


I awoke to the woke

I lay down with the laith

That turned me a yoke

That I shall carry as I path

A new path through the forest

Where once I knew graves

New shafts of daylight

Have broken the shade


No comments:

Post a Comment