Poetry

Sunday, 16 August 2026

Case closed -exhibit a

 I don't want to say it, but I'll say it anyway

I see her standing there

In the way, in a way

I see her standing as a model 

In a muddle saying i don't want

To be mollycoddled

I see her standing there

She is still as a manikin

And I don't know what's

going on under her skin,

under her skin

But I feel she comes alive

When I catch her eye

I feel she changes from plastic

To real

Yes I can play her fingers

Because they are like keys

I think she's like a skeleton

And I think that I must see

And I know that her bones

Are electricity

And on fire

And that we are already ashes


I can see her standing there,

An exhibit in her own show

And who can make it

As an exhibitionist

I can tell you I can see you

Through the lens of a lover

And the lens of her friend

But I'm only, Joe lonely

Just an observer in an exhibition

of her, yes I'm only passing through

reading the artifacts, oh so true

I've got to believe, what my eyes are saying

now

No comments:

Post a Comment