Poetry

Saturday, 29 August 2026

Dragon busters

 Lend me your ears

I need better hearing

I've got the ear wax blues

I'm hard of shearing

My sheep has been sold

My fleece it is flying

My niece has been bold

She's shera sighing

Into the flannel folds

Of flanders the soldiers go

Hiring steadfast gastropods

To carry Oedipus crying

Eyes like a waterfall

Footfall treading 

Gently on mountainsides

Cursed yet beguiling

Nonchalantly staring

Into the abyss

Caring not whether it's a hit or a miss

As Achilles goes down at the heel

Down in the mouth is Agamemnon

The Scylla talks too loud

Patroclus is yet smiling

and whiling away hours

The centaur sleeps in his cave

The minotaur has a headache

Stuck in his own maze

Theseus is climbing the stairs to save

Rapunzel who got stuck there on

A Greek holiday

It's all a basket case of bread

From better days

But my ear it is listening

To stories


No comments:

Post a Comment