Poetry

Tuesday 28 November 2023

Love upon Love/ upon all

 

I came upon loves fence
Out from a walk in wilderness
And sat there for a while
Many a thought did come to me 
As I rested upon loves stile
And many a feeling too
Though so fleeting were the clouds above
That soon I abandoned love
and walked on

In that time all was white and fine
For the briefest moment all was bright
I said good bye to blackest night
And in my hand
I felt her hand
In my heart I heard her voice
Each was nothing
but ever most
She was too real
Yet she seemed a ghost
Each was hard yet soft
In my dilemma I had no choice
I had to return to love

Either to win the moon and stars
or to lose all of creation
Either to be bold to match the feeling
Or as ash and star dust
be blown away
Nothing was near yet nothing far
As all in Love's landscape
had been changed by trust

And silence moved my very soul
Yet in my heart
I heard music of harps
And all this I found in loves place
This love I found in her sweet face

No comments:

Post a Comment