Poetry

Sunday 5 November 2023

The American dream

 We were watching a film or a play

I was talking with men and women

Throughout the day

There were childhood friends and flames

Set in my best friend's house back home

And the play was a watcher

The watcher watched the play

I looked over my shoulder to see a disabled man there

I said alright

He said yeah

I said do you want my seat he said I thought you'd never ask

He had no arms and no legs

I walked over to the side stalls away from the main crowd

And sat down in the balcony with my back to the show

It hadn't started yet and I didn't know

What it was about

and didn't care

Someone a teacher friend gave me some snacks and I began to eat them


In the next room where previously there had been a party they were staring

naked poker

Since I had been miraculously losing my clothes already from the waist down

I thought I'd have a go, what;s the harm?

There I saw the native American indians and Mexican Indians with giant willies

clinging tight to their wives

And I saw Boris Johnson who said alright

He still wore his clothes though

Then behind him I saw my father who surprised me

But said he thought he'd give it a try

No comments:

Post a Comment