Poetry

Wednesday 1 November 2023

Train



While travelling on a train going south
I fell asleep and a fly flew into my mouth
You were travelling in the opposite direction
I needed a map for my soul’s resurrection
We both said good bye
To the man in the sky
Both let go of our lover
There’s one thing I know
When you’ve got to go
You’ve got nowhere to run for cover

I was travelling deep in the corners of the country
Right into the pockets of the wild
I found in there a stone so polished like a bone
And I thought of when I was a child

Somethings look different the more you look at them
Somethings don’t ever change
The reasons for our break up
May have been bound in chains
But I can’t keep freeing us again and again

I am breaking loose of the noose
Around my neck, I am felling the tallest tree in the garden
I have to let others grow
Have the chance to get to know other flowers
Other trees
before the love in me hardens

I’ve been walking in these shanty towns
Like some city fool
Lost with my head cast down
A failure in Love’s school
Just some kind of wandering clown
Pulling faces at the pool
Hearing voices put me down
While others draw me up a stool

No comments:

Post a Comment