Poetry

Wednesday 1 November 2023

travelogue

 Through hell and high water for the captain's daughter

I roamed across the sea

And though I had sought her,

I never found what I oughta,

But I was just tryin' to be free


When she walked in a bar

Like a movie Star

I was someone behind the scenes

And she tried to mar,

My feathers and tar

She looked cruel and mean

And I bit her bra

And I lit my cigar

On her fire, if you know what I mean


now she's travelled far

in a big black car

and I hardly know where I've been

well it could have been mars

Or down the bottom of bell jars

But that must have been pretty lean


Now she has gone back

To her homeward shack

And I'm left like a string bean

All strung out on the shelf of self

Left here alone so unclean


I must wash myself of her elf health

And get me back on the road again

And it should not be a wealth to

discover oneself

Right back where I had always been

Only in creation are we living beings

Only through destruction can we find construction

And that's all I have to say of those things

No comments:

Post a Comment