Poetry

Saturday 4 November 2023

flower power

 All your enemies are wooden

You said it as you walked out of the swamp

And all your needles are lost in 

Those hay stacks of your stomp


There are queen bees a buzzing

There are wild roses too


And the marsh marigold

And celandines

Know just what you're up to


Oh Butter wouldn't melt in your mouth

You say

And all the birds are flying south

You say

And if I take you by the tongue

Then your kisses are as good as done


So for the sake of Canada

Let your wild geese roam

And for the sake of united grief

Paint all your steel horses chrome


For I see your white teeth

And I know your false belief

In the idols of the tomb

But if you will bring your knife

I'll slice your butter life

And show you the sweet honeycomb


So show me the way to walk home

I'm lost and I need your advice

I've been tripping over wires

Talking with country squires

But none of them will leave me alone


So show me the way to go home

I'm tired

No comments:

Post a Comment