Poetry

Sunday 26 November 2023

Those things you do

Tell me how you do those things
Like the way you do them
Tell me about the love
Before they come and shoo them
Tell of the stallion
Tell me of the Mare
Tell me of the unicorns
Who fly up in the air
And if you tire of telling me
Well throw up your arms
And care
To show me how you do the things I love
When I see you there

Show me the black forest, and show me
The white knight
Show me the Green Giant
Who hides there out of sight
And if you should tire of showing me
Then whisper it in my ear
For I never tire of listening
To the things you want me to hear

Push me in a wheelbarrow
Wheel me down the street
Take me round with the carols
To the land where moments meet
Deliver me from the narrows
Deliver me from the straits
Don't keep me over a barrel
Of your fickle fates

No comments:

Post a Comment