Poetry

Sunday 26 November 2023

Twin town 3

 I can give you sunrises baby from my bed

And I can give you goat heads

Baby, laying in wastelands of the dead

And we can be friends baby in the Sci Fi store

Full of magazines I have seen but never read


And I can be your target baby when you need to shoot someone

I can be in your crosshairs baby and you can kill me 

With your crossbones


And I am walking backwards through the door of our love

Because I know it is time to say goodbye

And shortly on the sorrowful shore

I can see my ship is leaving

With the animals


Two by two we go up the steps into the dark ark

Of consciousness and sail upon the seas

Seas of love

That flood that land


But on board the lions are roaring and the monkeys howl

And the mates are bellowing on their horns

The wild wind is blowing us to a foreign shore

And I know that we must make land


Is twin town just a figment of my imagination

Or a sacred geometry of time

That too many flutes and cut throat guitar strings

Have told me of in dreams

With Hyenas and national parks

Like Noah's ark did we ever make it

Out of the ballpark

Or far from the dark?

Into Twin town



No comments:

Post a Comment