Poetry

Monday 30 March 2020

COVID 0 - The Bat

I am the bat that lives in the cave
My dropping go splat, but we can be brave
None of us are afraid of the dark - we are bats of course
That would be absurd
Whose ever heard of that
Only up in the colony went around the word
That in some cave in south China
Just take a right at Nepal and you're into Asia Minor
The bats are dropping like flies, that's all
Who told me that? Oh another bat name Mike
In fact there he is down there in the guano
Hey Mike stop being a banana get up here you cat
_Don't mind him he's a fruit bat -they're always a bit bananas
That's strange he's not moving, just taking a rest I expect
Still I have to be off, I've a nice berry bush I'm picking
Near a Pangolin nest, oh they are pests, don't get me started
Seeya Mike -they say a change is as good as a rest

No comments:

Post a Comment