Poetry

Tuesday 31 March 2020

COVID 10 - The Child

I am a kid and I'm staying indoors
I'm gonna leap on the furniture and slide on the floors
I will climb up the curtains and scale my bunk
And eat what I like while I watch any old junk
On television screens that make my eyes bulge
Like my sister and brother we're going to indulge
Oh the pleasures of life when you're away from school
I imagined I might live without any rule
But with my father I fight, and with my brother I brawl
And my sister shows me spite, while my mother she is cruel
Oh what have I done to deserve a family like these
I'd rather take flight be on a ship on rough seas
There is one for your money, and two for your looks
And I can get no honey with my head buried in books
But I can't go out, no I don't meet my friends
And its a longtime to stay stout, when will these tortures end?


No comments:

Post a Comment