Poetry

Saturday 14 March 2020

Turn away

Well the home where I was born
It was green and it was warm
In its lush and rolling hills
I did roam

And I felt like a king
Everytime I climbed
I knelt to him
In the land of the lord
That's my home

Well turn away, turn away
From the face that knows you well
Turn away turn away from that road
Thou must journey on
Like Pilgrim father, so his son
He must seek, restless rover
A new home

Turn away, turn away
From the folk, of your yoke
Turn away like the cattle's heads
Follow another ceaseless river
From the mother, the great giver
To a land where you may start again

Turn away on this day
Turn away on this night
The spirits play, by the early daylight
And in the dawn, the coming dawn
When new life is reborn
Turn away from that home
Start into flight

No comments:

Post a Comment