Poetry

Tuesday 9 November 2021

Who

 WHo is a better man than you?

 WHo is a better man than you?

I am not worthy, even to tie your shoe

Oh who is a better man than you


You conquer all the jungle

Put the animals in the zoo

Oh who is a better man than you?


He who needs no introduction

He who is a mercenary

He who fights through all the struggles

But never loses the key

Oh who is a better man than you?


You tell me I love false Gods

Of life, love and liberty

You tell me all this will be trod

Under the hoof of anarchy

Well your chrome horse

Has ridden rough shod over me

Tell me who is a better man than thee?


I could give you silence

I could even offer you war

But in amongst all this violence

Will you ask who am I fighting for?

Oh who is a better man than thee

Who is a better man than you?

No comments:

Post a Comment