Poetry

Friday 19 November 2021

Duke Google and the Gaga machine

 The babies marched

four by four out of the door

The smell of cider was on them

But that was not what was so meanacing about them

They were a baby army for goodness sake

Who has ever heard of that?

Nobody will believe me

Never since the Dawn of time have babies managed to organize themselves

or keep to some kind of formation


Then I remembered duke google

All the babies were wearing

google watches with google ear pieces

Some even wore google glasses

Setting my receiver to the 

google frequency

and switching to google translate -baby talk

I listened in

Shepton Mallet is dust

All this will be yours

Go forth sons and daughters of Showerings

This is your world now

Take back the Eden that God gave us

Buildings may crumble

Industries collapse but Showerings

Will live on


Next there was some kind of philosophical

dialectic on the the teleology of things

"God put a cider tree into the garden of Eden

And he said to Eve pick it and know the Truth

And Eve did and she made the first cider

For Adam to taste

Adam thought it was good

And so he set up a cider factory

Showerings is built on that original site"


As I listened I thought, how interesting

I didn't know that

And then I shook my head and told myself

Look they are starting to convince me too,

I better turn this baby talk translator off


As soon as I did the noises were just gaga, goo goo etc

And I could relax

But to think these babies were just being brain washed by the Babycham Bambi

And Showerings for their own evil ends made me angry

Google had colluded as well allowing them to use their baby talk app


Duke Google was an investor in the company

And he stood to win a lot of land in England if

The baby army succeeded



No comments:

Post a Comment