Poetry

Tuesday 23 November 2021

In the firelight

 Oh foreign legion

And the French trombone

And the horn section

And each is unknown

And the mighty ones

Are all the landys

The landslides are coming home


Oh firelights on the crosshair

Of the pioneers

And the bayonets

and the stars and stripes

In the skies and wipes

And they wash their faces

In the fateless night


I had lanoline

Lonoline

I creoline

I had oilskin

And the baby wept

And seal slept

By the seashore Sept

In the October hair


And the firelight

Of the wishing well

Where the water's plight

Didn't do so well

I marnoli

I had mercy too

And I colour

When I gave it to you


Oh the firelight

And the moon is strong

And the Simon trees of a Babylon

and the hanging dog

And the dogging doo

And the day is done

On a pantaloon

All the way we go 

All the way we see

I have nothing more

But eternity

Come back and teach me what you know

I ready for it to be

A rainbow


Oh the moon is bright and the firelight

And we're dead on our knees

And we're digger right

So the science is in the moon is she

She is sheepish like a coven tree


And the firelight

And the moon is bright

But I can't see  quite

What you mean tonight


I have hope 

I have hunger

But it's fading

And I'm getting no

Younger


And the light is dim

And the people swim

In the moon tonight

It is everything

That I want to be

Oh the firelight

And the robin tree


Oh the firelight

In the lemon tree

And the olive branch

Holding out to me


I want you to see

I have more to give

If you don't like 

What I say I have


It is broken plates

They are broken still

In the Grecian tavern

On the window sill

And I saw you there

Right before I died

In the firelight

When the moon was bright


Come on talk to me

Before it's too late

I have you to thank

For my very fate


There are so many reasons

To be quiet

But they're not enough

For me tonight


Oh the firelight

And the moon is brght

And the birds sing quite

Like I wish they would

And it's all so quiet

In the darkness

And I have inspired

My loneliness


Oh can't you see

What you mean to me

Well I meant it too

Before we ever grew


We were not alone

Not for too long

Just the falling stone

Hit the frozen pond

And it broke the ice

and it fell right threw

Just like you and I

When we were new


Now it is gone

And my heart is hurt

And I can't be strong

And I feel like dirt

Oh need you now

To tell the truth

In the firelight

Was where I kept my proof




No comments:

Post a Comment