Poetry

Tuesday 23 February 2021

This war don't make no sense

 This war don't make no sense to me

All we do is fight

Now if love was meant to be a war

I guess that'd be alright

But I want more

than always to just fight


Been seeing the planes rush over

Drowning in sight

Dropping bombs on the paddy fields

All through the night

And our love is like tank wheels

Rolling in from the right

And I can't tell you how it feels

When all we do is fight

This war don't make sense anymore


I hold up my white flag

I say I surrender my heart

And you win the battle's spoils

And now my heart's blown apart

You can pick op its pieces from the soil

Where we used plant our seeds of love

Now nothing grows but twisted vine

I can't drink anymore of its poisoned wine

And I don't believe I want to grow anymore

On this scorched land

This war don't make no sense no more

I'm gonna let go of your hand

No comments:

Post a Comment