Poetry

Wednesday 24 February 2021

Minuteman

Just a minute before you leave

You haven't seen this thing I have up my sleeve

You haven't heard me out, now,

Don't you scream and shout

I'm a minute man without a doubt


Just a minute ma'm I need a reprieve

I need to take a minute out

I need the time to breathe

Don't try and make it out

Like it was only me you can do without

When we both know

Where the vipers breed


Just a minute before you shoot someone

Just a minute before you pick up that gun

It takes just a minute to think twice

And reflect on the consequences of a human sacrifice


We all are minutemen - living on the clock

Don't have no time to talk

Gotta catcha ship, sport, before it leaves the dock


My time is down to sixty seconds

No second hand time to be reckoned

I've only got 60 seconds worth of time

Well whose time are you wasting?

Yours or mine?

I'm a minute man

Gone in a minute ma'am

Ready when you are

Leave it to me


I'm a minuteman, just a minute ma'am

I'll be finished in a jiffy, let me wash off this squiffy

And calm down the dog in the pound

Just a minute ma'am, I'm a minuteman, it takes me time

To find my feet, I have to take aim, fire and hold

It's done in a minute that's the thing

Don't try to rush me man, or push the can

I'm a minuteman but I don't have time to spare

I'm on the second hand, down to sixty seconds and

It takes me longer if I can't find my flare


Let me be frank, I've got to thank

My forefathers for getting me here

But I can't be sanct

Tified if I'm ranked among the four

fastest firers in my band

I'm down to the wire, on the cutting edge

If you think I'm a hirer, then I'll cut your hedge

I'll be gone in a minute, and out on a ledge

Ready with musket a ball and a pledge

To protect those I serve

To stand up for our rights

Against the kingsmen whom the minutemen fight



No comments:

Post a Comment