Poetry

Wednesday 24 February 2021

If I hadn't met you in my tracks

 Well I was on my way

On my way to the bank

I was about to rob the safe

The foreman would have me to thank

For the headache when he awakes

Oh everything was going to plan

Yes it was working like a charm

Oh everything was going smoothly

Until someone triggered the alarm

And I was running nowhere, I was never looking back

But then everything worked out differently

Soon as I met you in my tracks


Yes and I saw you at the station

Yes I saw you at the platform too

And it was like we never had spoken

I didn't know what in the world we coming to

Yes I would have lived quite happily

Without the inviting the family

But then you took me out my hole of black

Yes things would have worked out differently

If I hadn't met you in my tracks


The storm it was raging on the wild sea

And my heart it was wailing out in misery

And I knew nothing but heartache

And the weight of history

And it was looking like my ship would never break

The chains of slavery

But then you touched the scars upon my back

And oh things would've turned out differently

If I had never met you in my tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment