Poetry

Tuesday 23 February 2021

Keep running

 Keep on running and you don't turn back

Keep on running down that one way track

Run on into the open, where no fences stand

Keep on running through the broken, through the restless land

And I look down at my feet, at the miles underneath

And I see the foot print laying far behind

But I keep running on in my mind


No there is no distance too far, no place I will not go

I'm gonna keep on running til the stars begin to show

And I will run on into moon shadow, run on over to Mars

Run on like the rover who knows he's roving too far

But I go because I can't look behind

Yes I will keep running on in my mind


Your love is like a ghost ship that keeps following my trail

And I will keep running from the memories of the times that I failed

But it doesn't matter who won or lost only that we tried

And I'm happy if I see your ghost I'll remember to keep running

On in my mind


Running along the shore, running into the war,

Running into a burning building, running the rich from the poor

Running on over the rainbow, running on into forever

Running on whereever I go, I'll keep running on like a river

Running into the desert, and running into the sand

I don't where I'm running to, I just keep running for as long as I can

No comments:

Post a Comment