Poetry

Wednesday 24 February 2021

Fire dancers

 How can I say I'll miss you

When you were never really there

Just a ghost of someone I was meant to love

But loving fell into disrepair

Like a Hamlet and his father's ghost

I have suffered very much

From the slings and arrows hurled at my post

But you I never truly lost

You never were a real father, you had

Some place better to be

And if you see me foam at my mouth 

You'll know I'm mad at you dad


Was I meant to have all the answers

Was meant to make do with what I had

Oh well you would know I was a dancer

Through the good times and the bad


And if you should ask me,

Whatsoever I learnt

I'd say its better to be a fire-dancer

Than to stand still and get burnt


And if you should ask me

Whomsoever have I loved

Well I would say some women

But my heart yearns for heaven above

For there really is no living

Unless looking for the holy grail

And there is no sense in dying

Before you've set out on life's trail


So keep your hope in answers

That fall like manna from heaven

And keep yourself a dancer

As you step on seven to eleven


Yes and keep yourself a winning

And never think that you have lost

When you've loved so many women

Well what's another log to get tossed


Because we all must walk over

Those burning coals in the end

And we must all be fire-dancers

And in the final answer you'll find a friend


Because we pull each other through hardship

And storms upon the waves

And we know nothing but friendship

Is the salve by which we're saved

No comments:

Post a Comment