Poetry

Friday 7 April 2023

Mountain Man

 Now you see me,now you don't

That often misquoted quote

When what you see is a ghost of me

It is but a footnote


Literally the mountains have turned into the man

The mole has crawled out of his hole

The iceberg has cracked and fissured alongside

The ocean of well-wishers


And if Mohammed can't go to the mountains

Then the mountain must visit him

Except the mountains are self-isolating

Under the new covid restrictions

They must all keep at least 20 miles apart

Peak to peak


We must not touch the rock

As it is a carrier of disease

Try telling Moses that

He's up there with his staff

As we speak


Tapping into the great unknown

The hard stuff

He likes being caught between a rock -God

And a hard place - the Earth


I'd like to say this is how

I imagined my honeymoon

Back on Earth

But Mars is proving a draw now

Of course

No comments:

Post a Comment