Poetry

Friday 28 April 2023

a chance hand

 Bitter tears fall in a bitter lake

Full of all of my mistakes

Rain drops from a grey sky

Where rainbows snap

And birds don't fly

But I call to mind the dream

I once had of a forest stream

Where we walked you and me

Hand in hand for an eternity

Of time, of time

That precious thing

We sell by the pound, the ounce and bean

We sell each plot like we hadn't a lot

And use it up, all we've got

But if you can buy my time

Can I buy yours?

Or do your give it freely

Like the sea lapped shores

Where we skim pebbles

Over time's waves

The ripples echo out

The drowning man saves

himself

Or someone lends him a hand

It could be a second, a minute

Or in an hour, he understands

This may be the last chance

In a sea of blue

Where I skim pebbles

That skip so lightly to you

No comments:

Post a Comment