Poetry

Saturday 29 April 2023

Earth Quacks and Doctor Ducks

 Friends in high places

And a song to believe

Wiping their faces, with the heart on your sleeve

Can you draw aces, with a sleight of hand

I didn't know the places where they gamble their land


A friend indeed is a friend in need

And too many ducks to breed

Give me a false friend, show me the decoy

There is an Earth quake to a avoid 

When your boots shake to destroy

Those towers of Babel in a foreign land

The songs that stand taller than anyone can


Yes it was murphy's law I knew it had to be his

As I walked in the bar and asked for a fizz

We don't serve women here, you have to bring your own

Not necessary to own your own home


Get what's coming to you

If you survive the ordeal

Maybe God will punish you

For ordering that meal

Maybe Christ will have mery

And on bended knee

You'll know the value of certainy

In life's inconstancy

No comments:

Post a Comment