Poetry

Saturday 15 May 2021

Time is short

 As I sit down to write

This my last report

Not much has changed

the war is still raging

And the soldiers continue to fight 

Supplies are running low in the fort

I see without a doubt

That our time is short


And if I look out

My window

I see the ship has already left the port

And if there is something

you need to say to me 

You better make it quick

For the candle is burning in a frenzy

And there is little left of its wick

So what I am is saying is

Our time is short


The man who loved you yesterday

Today he has gone to court

The judge in hob nail boots went crazy

He said lock him up and throw away the key

He murdered love in the first degree

Never can he be allowed to go free

So I'm sitting here on death row

Writing this letter before the final blow

And as God is my witness I loved you true

But I played love's game like a sport

I thought life was just a joke, but now I have been caught

And now I see after all our time is short



No comments:

Post a Comment