Poetry

Saturday 15 May 2021

The Gallery of modern love

 You kind of took away my love

Yes you kind of took away my heart

And sold it to the lover of art

Who said is this death or is it just blown apart?

Yes you kind of took away my love

And you kind of took away my heart

Like an empty house where the windows

Keep blowing apart

And the curtains are moving

And the glass is shattered

You kind of tipped the apples

From the apple cart

Yes you kind of took away my heart


I kind of rocked the boat

And I was clinging to your rock

While I tried to float

But I couldn't swim to save my life

And I went out on a limb

Along the edge of a knife

And it was cold out there in space

And so I came back inside

So I could rest my eyes upon your face


Well that lasted one last time

Then you kicked me out

Like a drunken swine

And you kind of took away my love

Yes you kind of broke my heart

Well it was twisted wrapped in cotton gloves

And it rested on a plinth in the museum of modern art

Yes when you, oh you, yes when you took away your love 

No comments:

Post a Comment