Poetry

Wednesday 12 May 2021

Disappearing Love

 Disappearing love

It's all a mist

Of the one I've kissed

It's all become a blur

I feel let down, like I'm the clown

Like I'm the cur

The senses rise on the window pane

The smoke curls in the air

I can feel your touch

Oh it always meant so much

But now it's disappearing love


The kettle steams in the afternoon

The birds fly in the air

The colours are cast

And the dyes run fast

Through the clothes that you now wear

And I wore them too

The very same ones

With electric turns and current buns

Well I always owed you Hun

But now it's disappearing love


The fast cars race down my streets

The cats are calling

For their pieces of meat

And I don't know tricks and I don't know treats

Or how to put a costume on

All I can do is carry a gun

Well you always told me to shoot for the sun

And I might hit the moon

But now that too has gone

Disappearing love


I feel myself the weight of the earth

You always did know what a true word was worth

Well you spoke yours first and now here's mine

I was a fool, too cruel, my pride pushed me over the line

And I fell for the finish, I thought our race was run

I should have had my spinach, should have been Popeye's son

And you could've been Oliveoil but gee I missed that one

For it doesn't matter now

We have disappearing love

No comments:

Post a Comment